Currently, GtC promotes two gap year opportunities for young adults--J.Life and YWAM, Worcester
J. Life—GC2 Beta Groups
Objective: To equip and mobilize the local church in Africa to run Christ-centered disciple-making youth movements that will impact the local and global community.
Mission Opportunities: GC2 Beta is a one-year internship. Interns serve in the area of youth ministry at either their home church or at a church that has requested help in reaching out to young people. http://www.jlife.org.za/index.php?page=involved1year
Training: There are four sessions of intense training throughout the year. The first session starts in January and runs for four weeks. The other three sessions are scheduled after school terms and are for two weeks.
- 18 years or older
- completed application:
- reference letter
- parent’s letter
- Approximately R2200 per month if serving in a host church
- Approximately R1200 per month if serving in home church
J.Life Contact Information
Contact Person: Bhuti Kheswa email@example.com
YWAM (Youth With a Mission) WORCESTER
Objective: To put youth into mission. Training is a key focus. YWAM Worcester has students from many different countries and cultures.
Mission Engagement Opportunities
- Local (Worcester): examples—outreach to farm kids, after-school care in a township
- Neighbouring countries
- Overseas countries
- Serving with YWAM begins with Discipleship Training School (DTS): http://www.ywamworcester.com/ywam-dts/
- DTS: three months of lecture, two months of outreach
- The DTS course is run four times in the year. Each offering has a different ministry focus. Although the core of the course is the same, students can select which offering they want to take, depending on their desired ministry focus: 1) Nation Builders (focus on discipling nations), offered every January. 2) Troubadour (focus on the performing arts), offered every April. 3) Awakening (focus on the Holy Spirit and his giftings), offered every July. 4) Radical (focus discipleship and evangelism), offered every September.
- 18 years-old or older
- completed application
- may need a reference and may need to fill out a health form
Total cost of the program depends on where you decide to go on outreach.
- 200 Rand registration fee
- DTS Course: The course ranges from R1099 to R18690, depending on which fee category you fall in. Cost includes food and accommodation, and you can pay in installments, if needed. Fee category: http://www.ywamworcester.com/sfees/
- Outreach Cost: Depends on where you go. Worcester mission opportunities: R7000, approximately. Neighboring countries: R12000, approximately. Overseas countries: R20000, approximately