Currently, GtC promotes two gap year opportunities for young adults–OM (Operation Mobilisation) and YWAM (Youth With A Mission)
Objective: To equip and mobilise the local church in Africa to run Christ-centered disciple-making youth movements that will impact the local and global community.
- 18 years or older
- Completed Application
- Reference letter
- Parent’s letter
- Cost: Discussed on Application
YWAM (Youth With a Mission) MUIZENBERG & WORCHESTER
Objective: To put youth into mission. Training is a key focus. YWAM Worcester has students from many different countries and cultures.
Mission Engagement Opportunities
- Local (Worcester): examples—outreach to farm kids, after-school care in a township
- Neighbouring countries
- Overseas countries
- Serving with YWAM begins with Discipleship Training School (DTS): http://www.ywamworcester.com/ywam-dts/
- DTS: three months of lecture, two months of outreach
- The DTS course is run four times in the year. Each offering has a different ministry focus. Although the core of the course is the same, students can select which offering they want to take, depending on their desired ministry focus: 1) Nation Builders (focus on discipling nations), offered every January. 2) Troubadour (focus on the performing arts), offered every April. 3) Awakening (focus on the Holy Spirit and his giftings), offered every July. 4) Radical (focus discipleship and evangelism), offered every September.
OM (Operation Mobilisation)
- Requirements and training is very much like that of YWAM